The following documents explain the College's university accreditation process:
ACHSM Accreditation Program Policy and Manual (for general information and the philosophies and context)
ACHSM Accreditation Program Guidelines for Universities (specific information for clarifying the requirements and the process for accreditation)
ACHSM Accreditation Program Handbook for Surveyors (specific information for guiding our surveyors in managing the accreditation processes)
As combined resources, these documents streamline the processes
and give clarity to the role of the university undertaking the
accreditation as well as the role of the National Office and the local
ACHSM Branch in the relevant jurisdiction. This will reduce lag times
from request for accreditation to finalising report and notifying the
university. It will also reflect the desire to build on the
relationships that exist between the College and the university sector
which will go beyond the one-off accreditation review visit.
We are in the process of developing a short but hopefully useful
checklist to help universities prepare for their accreditation which we
will post to this page once it is complete.
We will be strongly encouraging universities who offer Health
Service Management courses which are not currently accredited by ACHSM
to join us in an attempt to create a workforce that will meet the needs
of the health and aged care industry.
Benefits for the accredited university include:
- Provision of a certificate of accreditation and ‘logo’ for use by the university
- Information about the university program on the College website
which is sufficiently detailed to provide advice to prospective students
- A link from the College website to the university website where
further information can be obtained regarding the accredited courses
- In recognition of their accreditation fee, each accredited university will be provided with:
- two free registrations to the College’s National Conference
- access to the College’s peer-reviewed (online) journal – the Asia Pacific Journal of Health Service Management
- an invitation for the accredited university to work more closely
with the College on potentially suitable professional development
programs organised by the Branch
If you have any queries, please email ACHSM or call +61 2 8753 5100.