- Employer: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Position type: Full-time
- Location: Manitoba, Canada
- Closing date: 23 Jul 2018, 1pm AEST
- Contact: Jon Stungevicius
- Phone: +1 (416) 2149 299 (ext. 1)
- Email: email@example.com
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (“WRHA”) is the largest regional health authority in Manitoba and plays a strong role in the provincial plan to provide safe, quality health care to patients and their families. The WRHA also has its own plan to improve service and service delivery to the people of Winnipeg and Churchill as part of an aligned provincial health system. Now in its beginning stages, the Clinical Consolidation Plan Healing our Health System will take the region through the largest change in a generation, aligning organizations and services to better meet client needs, create more care opportunities in the community, enhance quality, make best use of capital and other resources, enable staff to work to their highest scope of practice, and sustain the health system for future generations.
Committed to being Canada’s top-ranked provider of healthcare services, Manitoba is undergoing a major transformation in healthcare services. Our goal is to be regarded as a nationally recognized healthcare leader through the implementation of collaborative relationships, service efficiencies, best practices and improved accountability frameworks between the Department of Health, Shared Health Services Manitoba, the Regional Health Authorities and other health organizations and agencies.
INSPIRE EXCELLENCE & MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The WRHA is seeking a President & CEO to lead the region through a major transformation. Consequently, the WRHA will enjoy a stronger focus on clinical service delivery, improved efficiency, quality and safety with a balanced budget. In addition, non-core and provincial services will be transitioned to Shared Health Services Manitoba to allow WRHA to focus on providing the best possible services to patients and families in our region.
As our new President & CEO you are a strategic thinker, an exceptional leader and communicator, and are able to engage and inspire our service providers, partners, and staff towards operational excellence in an organization characterized by respect, alignment, efficiency, patient safety, change, and continuous improvement while being mindful that we are here to service the needs of patients and families first.
Through an annual planning process designed to meet the needs of our patients, community and transformation agenda, the President & CEO will develop goals, priorities, an operating plan and budgets that align and hold the organization accountable to the people we serve.
During this time of great change, it is essential that the WRHA has a President & CEO able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with government, our provincial transition team, our system partners in healthcare, our staff and the community. Leadership development to support and enable success is a key priority.
Accountable for overall performance of the region, this is an opportunity for a leader inspired by excellence, and who can in turn inspire excitement and commitment for improving the health services and health of our community.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters level education in a health, administration, business or another related field.
- Substantive leadership as a C-level executive demonstrated through progressive experience in complex organizations, ideally focused in health services.
- A track record as a strategic and innovative systems thinker with the ability to communicate and translate a future vision into successful outcomes.
- Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to inspire, evaluate, share knowledge and engage staff and stakeholders.
- Exceptional transformation and change management experience.
- Exemplary abilities and political acuity to build, influence and manage complex relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to analyze situations, understand environmental and political implications and devise strategies and tactics to help us attain our goals and objectives.
- Proven experience in business, financial and human resource management with the ability to improve organizational effectiveness through the efficient utilization of resources.
- Solid understanding of healthcare policy, programming, performance and funding accountability models.
- Superior communications and presentation skills, able to promote ideas and concepts, strong influencing skills.
If you would like further details about this opportunity or the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, please contact Jon Stungevicius, Senior Partner, Waterhouse Executive Search at +1 (416) 214-9299, extension 1.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to the WRHA as the President & Chief Executive Officer, please submit your resume in confidence by 1pm July 23, 2018 (AEST) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting position WRHA-CEO
Applications close 23 Jul 2018, 1pm AEST.